The Saga Continues. But Boss WILL Fly Today...
Here's the Updated Breaking News on the Getting Boss to the UK Saga...(And a Lovely Picture of Bengal Venus in case you aren't into travel)
We have decided against the Private Jet, as yesterday afternoon, UK airspace cleared. Boss already had a ticket departing today (And I am holding one for tomorrow JUST IN CASE) The problem I saw was that if airspace hadn't cleared, for today and tomorrow, he would have had his flights canceled, and been put on the next available flight to the UK.
Which would have been next week sometime. Flights were sold out until then.
The private jet would have taken off 6 hours after air space cleared.
You have to think this way in Assistanting World. It's like playing a game (Heck, SEVERAL games at once) of 3D Chess. You have to look ahead and see every possibility. See where every "What if?" could possibly go. And have a Plan for that.
He flies today.
Had a moment of complete disbelief this morning when I went to check him in for his flight and it wouldn't go thru. This would be because "Business Class taxes had not been paid and the UK now charges them"
I have been on the phone with, yes, I will mention the name, thank you, DELTA, 7-8 times a day since the dear little Volcano erupted. This MIGHT have been mentioned at some point.
Smelling a Very Large Rat here.
Oh, you can believe this has been dealt with.
He flies today.
You see, we (Us Assistant types) never sleep.
(Always wanted to say that)
(And if we do it's with Blackberry. Not a French Speaking Law Enforcement Officer who also happens to do Roller Derby)
(Hey, just thought I would throw that out there....You never know.)
Love and Airlines,